When a long dry spell comes to its usual abrupt end, several things happen.
1) – The lawns suddenly turn green and grow a few inches overnight
2) – Hose pipe bans aren’t lifted
3) – The wind rattling the rain against the windows makes you realise just how draughty they are.
Yes, like many others i’m sure, we sat there shivering at the weekend, determined not to put the heating on, and at least look like we were enjoying the summer in shorts and t-shirts.
Many homeowners don’t think of getting a quote for replacing things like windows until the nights start to draw in and even contemplating a journey from the bedroom to the bathroom involves several layers lest frostbite sets in.
But that’s just plain wrong when you think about it logically. Here’s why:
1) Having new windows and doors fitted in the Summer means less chance of disruption due to the weather.
2) Fitting them in the Summer means you won’t mind so much the wide open spaces where your old window and door used to be, as the company start fitting the new ones.
3) Summer discounts are generally better as Window Companies look to secure orders and keep their fitting teams employed during what is traditionally a quieter few months.
4) Any remedial decorating that’s required (very often, nothing at all needs to be done) has a chance to dry thoroughly.
5) If you’re having a conservatory, then the hopefully dry weather will make digging the base foundations much smoother and quicker, and certainly less messier.
6) You can start making energy savings right away, rather than wasting a few months.
7) With the window companies being quieter, you’ll have more choice of fitting dates and a generally quicker turn-around time from ordering to fitting.
Of course waiting can have one advantage – the ability to save up for the replacement windows before they’re fitted if you’re not one for low rate finance deals currently available etc.
Either way, doing it now or waiting a while, you’ll going to want to know how much your windows are going to cost you now, so that there are no nasty surprises if you do get a reputable local company round to measure up and provide a written quotation later on.
Using Window Quoter not only lets you type in your own measurements and select the style and number of openers you’d ideally like before giving you an online price, there and then. You can also make free use of our ‘local matching service’ which finds you up to 3 local companies, read other homeowner comments about those businesses and get your online quote confirmed in writing.
Using our online or matching services won’t cost you a penny but it could save you pounds.